Webcast attendees will be able to experience the ideas, philosophies and stories of different speakers across four separate time blocks. Some speakers include:
- Danny Hillis, computer theorist;
- BLACK, yo-yo champion;
- Lesley Parks, public arts instigator;
- Taylor Wilson, nuclear scientist;
- Elon Musk, serial entrepreneur;
- Jack Andraka, cancer detector inventor;
- Stewart Brand, environmentalist and futurist;
- Dong Woo Jang, bow designer;
- Barb Stuckey, food creator;
- Ron Finley, renegade gardener in south central Los Angeles;
- Kate Stone, shepherd of electrons.
TEDxMarionSquare Curator Edith Howle said,
“We're very pleased to have been approved to host the live webcast from TED 2013: The Young, The Wise, The Undiscovered. This year, TED organizers staged a global talent search to bring together the most remarkable lineup in TED's history, resulting in the four-day stage program featuring TED's famous 18-minute talks, plus music, comedy, dance, short talks, video and other surprises. This is a great opportunity for Charleston residents interested in TEDxMarionSquare to see in action the level of thought, entertainment and intrigue the TED format will bring to this city during our own event.”
Registration for attending the live webcasts is free of charge. The form can be found by clicking here. TED is also looking for volunteers to assist with registration, and webcast and event monitering. Those interested can find the sign-up form here.
For everything TEDxMarionSquare, be sure to check out its website.