Image by 20090401-news.jpg
Updates added to the bottom of list.
April 1st has proven to be the bearer of critical developments for the future of Charleston.
- The Charleston Regional Business Journal reports that $60 million in stimulus money will be used to build a third tower on the Ravenel Bridge.
- The Charleston City Paper is reporting a host of new announcements including a new retail store on Fort Sumter, the burning of the Angel Oak to fuel the county's energy needs, and the protection of historic homes by putting them on barges.
- Charlie reports that Twighlight actor Robert Pattinson was spotted at the Starbucks on King Street.
- Local design agency Hook has been selected to help establish the future of government branding.
- Local weather site, CharlestonWX.com, has added the Forecastronic 9000, the "first known "hypercertified" computer model in existence"
- Managing partner of Patrick Properties, Randall Goldman, is stepping down to raise raise emus for human locomotion.
- Charleston Waterkeeper has a new flagship, the Royal James.
- We're launching a new newspaper for the region: TheDigitel.print
And, yes, happy April Fools' Day everyone.
Read smart out there today. I totally fell for the Twilight actor tweet, but I don't feel too bad as Nate Stewart of WCBD-TV fell for the bridge hoax.