Image by Flickr user muttmutt
After RiverDogs' fans have requested a 6:05 p.m. first pitch for all Saturday evening home games, the team has complied.
As the Charleston RiverDogs gear up for another year on the diamond, more has changed than simply their roster. The team has announced that due to fan request, all Saturday night home games will start at 6:05 p.m., as opposed to the 7:05 p.m. Saturday first pitch of seasons past.
Weekday games will retain their 7:05 p.m. start-time, while Sunday games will also stick with their 5:05 p.m. first-pitch.
As has been the case before, the RiverDogs have a handful of special games and celebrations throughout the season, which carry altered start times. These dates include:
- Wednesday, April 17 – Education Day at 11:05 a.m.
- Wednesday, April 24 – Charleston County Education Day at 11:05 a.m.;
- Wednesday, July 3 – Independence Day Celebration at 6:35 p.m.;
- Wednesday, July 31 – Big Splash Day at 12:05 p.m.;
- Monday, September 2 – Regular Season Finale with postgame Fireworks at 6:05 pm.