If watching the pros August 6 -12 at the 2012 PGA Championship on Kiawah Island, South Carolina isn’t enough, golf enthusiasts can continue their love of the game at Freshfields Village with several free, interactive golf activities.
The high-end village, located just outside the gates of Kiawah and Seabrook Islands, features shops, galleries, restaurants and more. Freshfields Village is the commercial center nearest the PGA action.
From long drive contests to player interviews, Freshfields Village has a full line-up to satisfy golf fanatics young and old.
- Sports Illustrated at the Majors presented by Southwest Airlines (August 9 – 12): Get up-close-and-personal with golfers and polish your skills from 1 to 7 p.m. Head over to this new, interactive tent as it makes its third stop on the golf majors tour. Player interviews, autograph sessions, watch live tapings for Golf.com of roundtables and pro interviews, meet the award-winning writers and editors from Sports Illustrated and Golf Magazine, free personal lessons with Golf Magazine’s “Top 100 Teachers,” giveaways and an opportunity to have your picture on the cover of SI are planned for the tent.
- SeaCoast Sports Tournament Tent (August 6 – 12) From 11 a.m. until 10 p.m., watch live coverage of the tournament, stop for a meal and drink and test your luck on the chipping green in the middle of the lake for a chance to win golf balls or a set of clubs from TaylorMade. This tent is sponsored by SeaCoast Sports and Outfitters, Southern Tide and RJ Rockers.
- The First Tee of Greater Charleston: Learn about the positive impact that golf has on area youth at various activities hosted by The First Tee.
August 7 & 8: Fun golf games will entertainment the kids before Starlight Cinemas from 7 to 8:30 p.m.
August 9 – 11: From noon to 6 p.m., try out the First Tee’s Putting Green located near Sports Illustrated at the Majors. All afternoon kids can putt for free, and adults can challenge each other for a small donation benefiting The First Tee of Greater Charleston.
August 9 – 11: Novices and experts can demonstrate their technique from 6 to 10 p.m. at a long drive contest on a simulator near the lake for a small donation to benefit The First Tee of Greater Charleston. Various prizes will be given out throughout the evening.
- Bridgestone Golf Challenge (August 8 & 9). The right golf ball can be the secret of a good golf game. From 2 to 8 p.m., guests can visit the Ball Fitting Booth by the lake to utilize the power of science and research to determine the ideal ball.
- TaylorMade Golf Experience (August 8 & 9): Try TaylorMade’s newest equipment from 4 to 8 p.m. by the lake. Guests can test the renowned RocketBallz fairway woods and hybrids, visit the TaylorMade Tour Truck and check out the Tour Trailer that services TaylorMade Tour Staff.
All retail stores will have extended hours August 6 -12 from 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. For a full list of events during PGA at Freshfields Village, visit http://freshfieldsvillage.com/PGA/94th. For more information, call 843-768-6491.