Anticipating the recession's impact on South Carolina
Image by Flickr user dtraleigh Image by 200905010-columbia.jpg
The State has put together an excellent collection of stories that anticipate how the economic downturn will affect many aspects of life in South Carolina.
With more experts saying we're starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, I enjoyed reading through the collection of relatively short pieces.
- Here's links to all the pieces:
- Introduction story
- End of an era of consumer spending
- Innovista's takeoff grounded
- Economy will be voters' top issue in 2010
- Churches eye revival among recession
- Sporting events pricing out fans?
- Workplace: Boomers will stay on the job
- Tourism faces new lower-cost realities
- More people go uninsured
- Development pipeline empty
- Move? Who can afford to?
- Public-sector jobs losing appeal
- Education: A question of affordability