Image by Midtown Bar & Grill
The Upper King Street dining and watering hole, Midtown Bar and Grill, has added some great new items to its menu.
Chef James Maybank has been honing the menu to create the right combination of southern casual cuisine and great bar food. Maybank, a bbq champion, smokes his own pork and wings in house which helps add to many of the items. Along with added appetizers, sandwiches and burgers, the menu will also feature three entrée items including Pulled Pork BBQ platter, signature Sweet Tea Marinated Pork Chop or Pub Steak.
The new menu items include:
- Lowcountry Burrito - Smoked pulled pork BBQ with coleslaw, lima beans, corn and BBQ Ranch Sauce
- Cuban Sandwich - Mojo-marinated pulled pork, roast ham, mayo, mustard, pickles and melted swiss on a grilled Cuban-style hoagie roll. Served with Mojo dipping sauce
- Steak Tenderloin Sandwich - Tenderloin medallions, choice of sautéed mushrooms, peppers and onions on a toasted hoagie with horseradish aioli
- Crab Cake Sandwich - Fresh handmade jumbo crab cake topped with lemon-dill aioli, lettuce, and tomato on a toasted bun
- Chipotle Avocado Burger - Smoked provolone and bacon topped with our spicy house made chipotle sauce
- Specialty hot dogs - Classic Dogs, Deep Fried , Chili Cheese Dogs, Lowcountry Dogs topped with pulled pork BBQ and coleslaw or Corn Dogs.
- Specialty quesadillas - Three cheese, Philly Cheesesteak, Buffalo chicken, Chicken Bacon Ranch or Pulled Pork
- Teriyaki Chicken Salad - House salad topped with teriyaki grilled chicken, chow mien noodles, mandarin oranges and sesame seeds, served with house made teriyaki-ranch dressing
Midtown also boasts a great Sunday brunch and has added items to that menu as well including:
- Ultimate Breakfast Burger - 1/2 pound Angus burger sandwiched between two glazed doughnuts topped with bacon, egg, and cheese
- French Toast - Thick cut Normandy Farms Brioche served with powdered sugar, maple syrup and fresh berries
- Midtown Hangover” Breakfast Bowl - Large bowl filled with cheese grits, biscuit, sausage, gravy, home fries, 2 strips of bacon, fried egg, and pico de gallo
- Midtown Shrimp’N’Grits - Sherry cream sauce drenched over deep fried cheese grits with sauteed red and green peppers, onions, spicy andouille sausage, and plump pan seared shrimp with diced tomatoes and Old Bay seasoning
Midtown is located at 559 King Street, be sure to stop in sometime soon.