Update 9/26: We checked out the festival this weekend and shot some photos. View below or check it out on Flickr.
First Report: Every Grand Strand local should take the time to learn about Atalaya Castle and the story of Archer and Anna Huntington.
The annual Atalaya Arts & Crafts Festival is a great excuse to get out and explore the castle and surrounding property of Huntington Beach State Park while enjoying fine art, quality crafts and Lowcountry food, along with the musical offerings of several local musicians. The festival kicks off on Friday, September 23rd at noon until 6 p.m. and will open on both Saturday and Sunday at 10 a.m.
- Daily festival admission fee is $6 for adults.
- A multi-day pass is available for $10.
- Visitors 15 years old and younger are admitted free.
- Admission to the park during the festival is also free.
- Free festival admission to Park Passport Plus holders, and three guests.
Learn more about Atalaya Castle and the Huntingtons on Wikipedia.