Image by Flickr user rdpeyton
I don't usually do a food round-up, but after flicking through our Events Calendar I couldn't help but notice all of the unique and delicious upcoming opportunities to eat.
First of all, it's Charleston Restaurant Week. If you haven't taken advantage of the ongoing deals, do so. Saturday is the last day that local restaurants will be offering their special prix fixe menus, so reserve a table today.
Wednesday, January 19th:
- Westbrook Brewing and Meathouse pair up for a scrumptious 'Local Artisan Night' at Closed for Business. The craft beer and meat pairings will begin at 6:30 p.m.
Saturday, January 22nd:
- Charleston Cooks! celebrates sixth years in the Lowcountry with an anniversary party all afternoon long. Enjoy festivities, food samples, cooking demonstrations, knife sharpening, a raffle and more.
Monday, January 24th
- The Culinary Institute of Charleston will be hosting the annual Oyster Recipe Contest from 5 to 7 p.m.
- The South Carolina Aquarium and The Boathouse at Breach Inlet will tantalize your taste buds with five delectable courses during a special evening featuring sustainable seafood paired with sustainable wine.
Sunday, January 30th:
- Today is Boone Hall Plantation's Lowcountry Oyster Festival, a tribute to the mighty mollusk so many of us know and love.
- Trattoria Lucca and Slow Food Charleston are hosting a dinner to promote the 'Eat the Lionfish' sustainable initiative, promoting the effort to reduce populations of the invasive species in waters along the East coast.
So, that about does it for foodie events for the month of January. If I've left anything out, please feel free to add an event in the comments section below.