Image by Flickr user massdistraction
A fish just being introduced into Charleston's culinary scene, lionfish, will be a central part of the South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Dinner coming up on March 14th at Fleet Landing.
Executive Chef Drew Hedlund is preparing an unforgettable five-course dinner paired with international wines. Below is a listing of both the food and wine offerings for the special evening:
- Local Bull's Bay single oysters with Lemoncello ice paired with La Marca Prosecco, Italy
- Atlantic red crab claw cocktail with horseradish honey mustard dipping sauce paired with Saint M Reisling, Fpalz, Germany 2009
- Potato-encrusted, pan-seared lionfish over braised purple cabbage and pan jus paired with Sean Minor Chardonnay, Central Coast 2009
- Pan-seared triggerfish over golden potato, Silver Queen corn, and okra hash with carrot cranberry chutney paired with Sean Minor Chardonnay, Central Coast, 2009
- Pear almond tart with Gosling's rum reduction paired with Moscato d'Asti sparkling white wine
Enjoy magnificent views of the Charleston Harbor while dinning on these delectable dishes. The South Carolina Aquarium's Sustainable Seafood Initiative coordinator Megan Westmeyer will also be on hand to talk to guests about fisheries, seafood sustainability, as well as tips on selecting environmentally friendly seafood.
The dinner is $60 (plus tax and gratuity) per guest and takes place at 6:30 p.m. Reservations can be made by calling (843) 722-8100 until Friday March 11th.