Image by Flickr user seanbittinger
Update March 20: Don't forget that there's a mixed martial arts event at the North Charleston Coliseum today, March 20. Tickets are $26 and up; more details.
First reporting: Take advantage of this weekend Charlestonians, it is going to be superb.
Wonderful weather and exciting events combine forces all weekend long to provide some serious fun for all. The Charleston City Paper has released their weekend round-up which includes most of the heavy hitter for the upcoming days, but we've got some more to add to the list.
- Former Trans-Siberian Orchestra electric violinist, Mark Wood, will be conducting the first ever Charleston County All-Star Rock Orchestra at the North Charleston Performing Arts Center.
- The Dock Street Theatre will be open until 7 p.m. for the general public to come by and see the beautifully renovated building.
- Head out to Johns Island and check out a lineup of sleek new watercraft lining the biways of Freshfields Village at the annual Boat and Marine Show.
- A rare ghost of the swamp will be revealed at the South Carolina Aquarium today with the addition of an albino alligator. We've got some great photos of the new guy, check 'em out.
- Indulge your inner fanboy at the Captain's Comic Expo. Enough said.
- Did you miss the ">Boat and Marine Show on Saturday? No worries, it's still going on today so go check it out.
- The Citadel Bulldogs men's tennis team will close out a nine-match homestand against their Souther Conference foe Elon today.
This is just a taste of what the weekend has to offer. To take a look at the full listing of events going down this weekend, or any time for that matter, feast your eyes on our complete Event Calendar.