Image by Flickr user slack12
Updates at the bottom.
On Sunday, September 5th, Freshfields Village and Barrier Island Free Medical Clinic are inviting everyone to come and sample a variety of wines and craft beers at the 4th Annual Lowcountry Wine and Beer Tasting.
The festival will offer wines from all over the world and an array of fine craft beers, all accompanied by delicious Lowcountry cuisine by Hege’s Restaurant, plus live music provided by the Cobblestone Quartet. In addition, there will also be a silent auction featuring great items from local sponsors.
The event will run from 4 p.m. to 7:30.p.m. with proceeds for this event going to the Barrier Island Free Medical Clinic.
Barrier Island Free Medical Clinic is a non-profit organization that provides health care services at no cost to eligible people on the island with the aid of volunteers, many of whom are South Carolina licensed physicians and nurses. Primary care, acute and chronic illness, diagnostic test, x-rays are among the services provided by the clinic at no charge.
Tickets are $30 in advance or $35 at the gate. Click here to see a list of local shops where advance tickets may be purchased.
Update August 24: The beverage and food list is in.
Craft Beers to be tasted (Provided by Henry J. Lee Distributors)
- Magic Hat - #9 and Wacko
- Breckenridge - Agave Wheat
- Breckenridge - Vanilla Porter
- RJ Rockers - Rockhopper IPA
- RJ Rockers - Son of a Peach
- And several others
Lowcountry Buffet (Provided by Hege's Restaurant)
- Lowcountry shrimp boil with corn, potatoes, and andouille sausage
- BBQ chicken on the grillJerk fish with pineapple salsa on the gril
- lSmothered Southern meatballs with stewed tomatoes
- Betty Hege's Southern oyster casserole
- Pulled pork on Hawaiian rolls
- Macaroni Salad
- Hoppin' John Salad
- Pecan Pralines
Wines to be Tasted (Provided by Republic National Distributing Company)
- Callia Torrentes and Callia Malbec
- Remy Pannier Vouvray
- Bottega Vaniai P Grigio
- Benziger Sauv Blanc
- St. Francis Merlot
- Louis Jadot B Village and Louis Jadot P Fuisse
- Woodbridge Cabernet
- Woodbridge Chardonnay
- Clos du Bois Chardonnay
- Blackstone Riesling
- Estancia Pi not Noir