Image by Flickr user Geoff Peters 604
Update May 11: The Post and Courier was there and has a small photo gallery; check it out here.
First reporting: Come join the celebration of life, music, good food, and friendship at the Holy Trinity Greek Orthodox Church's Greek Festival on May 7, 8, and 9.
This decades old tradition of culture and entertainment is fun for the whole family. The schedules for each day are posted on the event's official web site. Go take a look.
This year's festival will include:
- Delicious Greek food (gyro, kebob, mousaka and more!)
- Greek wines and beverages
- Greek music (two live bands!)
- Folk dance performances
- Cultural exhibits and shops
- Church tours highlighting ecclesiastic history, music, art, and prayer
- 700+ car parking area with continuous shuttle service to festival grounds
There will also be door prizes where you'll have a chance to win an one-night stay at Charleston Place Hotel, with champagne, and a continental breakfast at the Palmetto Cafe. The drawing will take place at 4 p.m. on Sunday. Heads up, you need not be present to win.
Entrance fee is $3 per person per day. Holy Trinity Orthodox Greek Church is located at 30 Race Street.