The Farmer’s Market at Freshfields Village will be open for business beginning on Monday, June 6th, and will take place every Monday from 4 to 8 p.m. through the end of August.
This free market will include produce, packaged food, arts and crafts and prepared food vendors. John’s Island farmer, Joseph Fields of Fields Farms, will be selling certified organic produce, and prepared foods like pickles, jams and homemade breads will be available for purchase. Come hungry and snack on Italian ice and funnel cakes, or eat something more filling like fish tacos and quesadillas.
Brad Henty (blues, jazz, Latin, western and more) and Skip Sullins (Americana/folk) will provide live entertainment and will alternate each week.
Here's a look at the 2011 Farmer’s Market vendors:
- Fields Farms - certified organic produce and fruit
- Garden Delights - live potted plants
- T&T Original Kettle Korn
- Mary Ann’s Sweetgrass Baskets
- Carolina Soaps - homemade soups, lotions and bath products
- Kay’s Keepsakes - painted products like gourds, slate and glass
- Charleston Festival Foods - Italian ice and funnel cakes
- Great Food Co-op - jams, jellies, relishes, ciders and more
- The Taco Spot - fish tacos, quesadillas and salsa
- Charleston Spice Company - packaged herbs and spices
- Nicole’s Nutty Goodness - dried nut and fruit bars
- Rainbow Flowers - metal birdfeeders, bird baths and houses
- Great Harvest Bread Company - homemade breads
- 314 Pies Charleston - designer pies, both whole and individual
- Sinless Raw - chocolate bars and chocolate smoothies
- Starfish - embellished starfish ornaments
- Granna’s Gourmet - Lowcountry pickles and pepper vinegar
- Rewine Candles - handmade candles with recycled beer and wine bottles
Freshfields Village is located at 149 Village Green Lane.