Image by Amanda Click / TheDigitel
If you've been out and about downtown at all this Friday afternoon, you'll realize by the insane amount of traffic that the Cooper River Bridge Run crowd has arrived. Nearly 40,000 people are descending upon our fair city to try their hand at the 10K.
There are a couple of other runs taking place this weekend too. On Saturday, combine your love of running with your love for Krispy Kreme doughnuts during the Krispy Kreme: Off the Sidewalk Run. There is also the 1/10 of a mile Edgewater Bridge Run that kicks off in West Ashley at 3 p.m.
Not interested in that whole running thing? There are plenty of other events happening this weekend that don't involve any exercise at all. Check out what's happening below:
- Head out the The Pour House for a serious dance party featuring the Pnuma Trio and Break Science.
- The South Carolina Stingrays return to North Charleston Coliseum to host the Reading Royals at 7:05 p.m.
- Enjoy the Flowerton Festival featuring over 200 jury-selected artists from throughout the country, delicious foods from local restaurants, fun activities and rides for children at the Children’s Jubilee and free admission and parking.
- Downtown's Mellow Mushroom is attempting to break the World Record for Largest Gathering of Smirnoff Bloody Mary Drinkers after the Cooper River Bridge Run on Saturday March 27th from 10 to 11 a.m.
- The Charleston Jazz Orchestra, Charleston’s own resident big band continues its second season with 'Singin’ On Basie', Saturday March 27, at the band’s House of Swing, the Charleston Music Hall.
- The brains behind The Charleston Buzz, a local music podcast, are putting together a three-day benefit event called CloverFest 2010 with the dual-purpose of memorializing late Charleston musician Ryan Cargile and raising funds to provide a college education to his three-year-old daughter.
- Celebrate Louisiana living and Charleston charm at the 19th annual Lowcountry Cajun Festival at James Island County Park.
- Like Elvis? Like roller derby? Like bingo? If you like any or all of the afore mentioned, then head out to The Mill on Sunday when the Lowcountry HighRollers present Elvis Bingo.