Image Courtesy Studio Eighty
The Grand Strand - Limited Edition line art. size 16x24. Only one left.
We know how easy it is to order an item online and wait with bated breath for the UPS man or FedEx guy to deliver your package, but what if you want to do some online shopping and support local businesses?
The easiest answer for that, if you like handmade, high quality merchandise is Etsy. We've covered some local business owners that have shops on Etsy before, namely Groovy Green Glass, Soap for your Soul and The Good Day Sunshine Store but there are dozens of other locals selling goods on the online service.
Our mission is to empower people to change the way the global economy works. We see a world in which very-very small businesses have much-much more sway in shaping the economy, local living economies are thriving everywhere, and people value authorship and provenance as much as price and convenience. We are bringing heart to commerce and making the world more fair, more sustainable, and more fun.
TheDigitel is focused 100% on hyperlocal. That goes for shopping as well as news, and Etsy is a great forum for that. Not only could local business owners have sales from their friends and neighbors locally but also they can sell their wares all over the world.
I've taken some time and came up with a short list of some of the best local artisans from Myrtle Beach on Etsy:
- Studio Eighty: Has a whole line of "I [heart] SC" merchandise and more.
- Sweet Carolina Bakery: Specializes in Cake Pops(!), truffles, and other one of a kind treats.
- Pearly Lace: Handmade jewelry, accessories, and home decor
- Ms Penz Crochet: Hand crafted crochet items, from beanies to dresses for little girls and more.
- Muddy Puppies: All natural and organic dog treats and gifts
- Engraving By T: Engraved mason jar mugs, beer mugs, shot glasses, wine and hand carved engraved ostrich eggs!
Want more local shopping options? Then check out our Shop Local Topic Page.