References: #Charleston Moves
Charleston Moves announces 2012 Bike-to-Work Week events
May 11-18 is celebrated across the country as National Bike-to-Work Week.
To encourage fellow Lowcountry residents to get out and enjoy the many benefits of bicycling, Charleston Moves is sponsoring the following events:
May 16th, Ride of Silence: Hampton Park, 7 p.m. Join area cyclists for a police-escorted slow, silent ride around the peninsula in memory of those who have lost their lives while cycling. After the ride, drop by Taco Boy on Huger Street with your fellow riders.
- May 18th, Bike to Work Day: Bicycle commuting is easier than you think. Charleston Moves encourages you to come out and give it a try. Get fit, cut fuel costs, reduce pollution and have fun - all on the way to work! To brighten your morning, Piggly Wiggly is generously sponsoring six "Breakfast Aid Stations" around the region from 6:30 a.m. until 9 a.m. at the following locations:
- Mount Pleasant - IOP Connector, 1981 Riviera Drive and Coleman Blvd/Ben Sawyer: 1220 Ben Sawyer Drive
- West Ashley - Sam Rittenberg/North Bridge area; 14 Sumar Street
- James Island - 1005 Harborview Road and 1985 Folly Road
- Downtown Charleston - 445 Meeting Street
- May 18th, Work to Bike Party: Hippodrome, 360 Concord Street. 6:30 - 10 p.m. - Come celebrate the good work done by local bike/ pedestrian advocates. Bring friends, support the Charleston Moves membership drive and enjoy a bike-friendly waterfront evening. We'll enjoy live music by Satellite Rodeo, New Belgium Beer and a silent auction. The event is free to attend but membership donations are encouraged so we can keep Charleston moving in the right direction!
Comment and read more
our topic pages and automatically found related coverage.