Looking for some cheap eats in Charleston? We found 'em
So you're sitting around with some friends, hungry, trying to decide where to go grab some food. But the indifference of the group is holding you back from grubbing, so go on and take matters into your own hands.
Get more good tips in our College of Charleston guide.We've done all the dirty work of finding the cheap food deals around town so you don't have to. There are always more out there, but this will get you belly quelled.
- Wild Wings Café offers up over 35 menu items for under $10. You can check out the value menu. 36 N. Market Street.
- Andolini’s has a $6 special for a slice of cheese pizza, small salad and drink OR two slices of cheese pizza and a drink. 82 Wentworth Street.
- D’Alesandro’s has $6.50 one topping 10 in. with side salad and can soda, $6.50 10 in. three topping gourmet pizza 11 a.m.-4 p.m. 229 Saint Philip Street.
- Chinar Indian Food has a lunch buffet that changes daily for only for just around $7. 363 Kings Street.
- Shi Ki’s $8.95 sushi lunch includes miso soup, salad, 8 piece California roll and 5 piece chef's selection sushi. 334 East Bay Street.
- Chai’s has $4 mini burgers from 5 to 7 p.m. 462 King Street.
- Half priced wings at Moe’s Downtown from 4 to 7 p.m. 5 Cumberland Street.
- $5 pitchers of Bud Light at Norm’s Pizza Subs & Grill. 225 Calhoun Street.
- Gilroy’s has $5 small one topping pizza and drink, or two topping small pizza and wing 4 p.m. to 12 a.m. 353 King Street.
- Buy 12 wings and get 12 free at the Kickin' Chicken. 337 King Street.
- Half priced burgers at Mad River. 32 N. Market Street.
- Half priced burgers at Moe’s Downtown from 7 to 10 p.m.
- Half priced burgers at the Kickin Chicken after 5 p.m.
- Half priced pizza at Norm’s Pizza Subs & Grill.
- Buy 12 wings get 12 free at Wild Wings Café.
- Half off wings at Johnson’s Pub. 12 Cumberland Street.
- Check out Henry’s $2 sliders menu. 54 North Market Street.
- Half priced burgers at Johnson’s Pub.
- There aren’t many food specials on Friday, but you should go hit up some fun happy hours around town. We recommend The Upper Deck Tavern’s (353 King Street) happy hour from 4 to 8 p.m. For a $2 beer of the month, two pool tables and a bar menu that’ll make your mouth water, make your way up 467 King Street to A.C.’s Bar & Grill. Not feeling either of those? Try out the Recovery Room Tavern’s indie vibe, especially if you’re a Boston Red Sox fan (685 King Street).
- The Farmers Market in Marion Square has lots of delicious cheap eats. Your choices range from gyros, crepes, pickles, mini doughnuts, pasta, pastries, fresh fish and produce, and more.
- Brunch at A.C.’s is always a good bet. Definitely try out ‘The Roscoe’ which are two biscuits in some meaty gravy. Perfect for a Sunday hangover.
- Brunch at Moe’s Downtown is affordable and tasty. The make your own bloody mary bar is also a plus.
- Half priced sushi at 39 Rue de Jean. (39 John Street).
Check back with us tomorrow for our next College life installment: Getting around town.
Comment and read more
our topic pages and automatically found related coverage.