Buy Local Month kicks off November 15
Buy Local Month doesn't officially begin until November 15th, but that doesn't mean it's too soon to mark your calendars with all of the events planned by Lowcountry Local First that will be taking place around Charleston to celebrate the season.
Below is a peek at what's to come.
Wednesday, November 14:
- 5 to 8 p.m. - King Street Holiday ShopMob: An evening of exclusive, after-hours shopping with local independent businesses on King Street. The Buy Local ShopMob will feature LLF members who will be offering one-night-only sales and deals, along with some local food and libations!
- 8 to 10 p.m. - Buy Local Bash @ The Kickin' Chicken: Celebrate your shopping at local independent businesses with live music and local beers at our Buy Local Bash! Admission is free to ShopMobbers ($5 otherwise).
Saturday, December 1:
- 4 to 6 p.m. - Marion Square Tree Lighting: LLF is partnering with the City of Charleston for the downtown holiday tree lighting. Immediately following the lighting, we will be raffling off a giftbasket full of local goodness.
- 6 to 9 p.m. - Holiday Magic Stroll: Immediately following the tree lighting ceremonies, King Street will be closed down for a holiday stroll featuring carolers, hot chocolate, cookies, local vendors and more.
All Month Long:
- LLF will be promoting holiday happenings, sales and other events at merchants' villages and shopping plazas where LLF members reside throughout the Lowcountry. These include, but are not limited to, Folly Beach, James Island, West Ashley, Park Cricle, and Shem Creek.
- The Buy Local Challenge: This holiday season take LLF's Buy Local Challenge from November 15th until December 25th and invest in the businesses that have invested in you. All you have to do is shift at least 10% more of your holiday purchasing to local businesses than you have in the past.
Comment and read more
our topic pages and automatically found related coverage.