Charleston Jazz Orchestra announces '12 schedule, season subscriptions
Charleston's own resident big band, the Charleston Jazz Orchestra, is heading into a fourth season in 2012 and it's going to be quite a year for music.
- January 28-SYMPHONIC SWING CJO will perform some of the most recognizable works from traditional and orchestral repertoire of major composers. Expect some fun twists on familiar tunes arranged by members of the band!
- March 24-SWINGIN' SOUL Let CJO take you on a journey through the golden era of rhythm and blues, featuring hits by legendary artists including Stevie Wonder, Little Richard, Al Green and The Temptations.
- May 19- LOCALOPUS A celebration of the talent from our own backyard! CJO will feature original compositions from members of the local jazz music community.
- September 22- LATIN NIGHT An annual favorite that never fails to set the stage on fire! CJO returns to the House of Swing after the mid-season break with a new mix of scorching tunes!
- October 27- JAZZ ON THE STAGE Taking inspiration from Tin Pan Alley, CJO will belt out some evergreens from the Great American Songbook, as well as some lesser-known treasures.
- November 21- HOLIDAY SWING Add jazz to your holiday cheer! Enjoy season highlights and CJO’s annual performance of Duke Ellington and Billy Strayhorn’s The Nutcracker Suite, a band tradition!
If you'd like to give the gift of jazz this holiday season, you're in luck - season subscriptions, decca subscriptions and contribution packages are on sale now.
Comment and read more
our topic pages and automatically found related coverage.